I have a smoothie bowl obsession. It’s a problem.
Ever since my food sensitivity test revealed that my diet would need to change to gluten free, dairy free, and egg free, my breakfasts have become more complicated. Well, not necessarily more complicated, but needed to become more creative.
Far from being deprived, breakfasts have become more filling and delicious than they used to be, even without bread, cereal, and eggs. In between the smoothies I make skillets, overnight oats, chia pudding, and pancakes. But I keep coming back to smoothies because they are easy and I love experimenting with the different ingredients and topping options!
This smoothie bowl screams summer. I would recommend making this while you can still find fresh peaches and blueberries. If you can get them locally, even better! Don’t forget to top it with something crunchy. My favorite is Purely Elizabeth granola and coconut flakes.
I have a feeling this will be the first in a line of smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes. This smoothie bowl is dairy free and gluten free if you use gluten free oats and granola. Enjoy!
A healthy smoothie bowl packed with blueberries, peaches, and wholesome greens! Topped with granola for an added crunch. This breakfast alternative will keep you full till lunch!
- 1 peach, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 small banana, fresh or frozen
- Handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs honey (optional)
- Handful of ice cubes if not using frozen fruit
- Fresh blueberries
- Shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Gluten free granola (Purely Elizabeth is my favorite brand)
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie in a high-powered blender. Blend until incorporated.
- Pour smoothie into a wide bowl and add desired toppings.